by Lucy Van Pelt
Business is Booming at the Eagle County District Courthouse.
ECT currently looking for investors in our new money making business opportunity – running the Lemonade Stand in front of our local Courthouse.
The line at the ECT’s lemonade stand is getting longer with Dr. Sterret now standing in line with this summers fresh crop of lawsuits…
– Town of Avon vs. Developer Traer Creek
– The Wilhelm Family Partnership vs. everything with a pulse in Cordillera – and those with a Pulse countersued Wilhelm.
– Vail’s Four Season’s litigation, that had to move from the District Courthouse because all the lawyers at the start of the case, didn’t fit in the Courthouse!
– East West Partners Bankruptcy case involving hundreds of millions in property at North Lake Tahoe.
– Former Eagle County Sheriff’s Department employee Kim Andree’s sues current Eagle County Sheriff – Joe Hoy alleging age and gender discrimination.
– Every single County Home Foreclosure (305 YTD) represents a unique Case for a Judge to rule on.
The ECT could go on and on. The ECT even received a phone call this week asking the ECT to overlook another (new) land use lawsuit…of miniscule proportions compared to East West’s troubles.
Anyone else just a little bothered by all this happening in our Community?
Start (actually stop) with the County Commissioners addiction to spending millions on Open Space. This crew’s addiction to spending your tax money makes Amy Winehouse look like Mother Teresa. Start talking about private sector job creation Commissioners.
Next our private sector needs to grow, and create new jobs, not just jobs for litigators. This will help slow/stop the continuing erosion of the value we have in our homes. Job creation will also help improve the ramped home foreclosure rate – now in it’s third year. The Daily Fishwrap needs to start reporting the news instead of just ignoring it – because it makes a print advertiser look bad. The Fishwraps “Editor half the story” has reinvented himself on this (still ignored) East West Partners story – he now known around the ECT as “Editor no story”.
No New Taxes. Enough said. Stop throwing money at local non-profits whose main purpose is to perpetuate the existence of their own non-profit.
The ‘glass half full’ crowd (some realtors in particular) need to put their glass down and take a hard look at what’s happing around them.
If Standard and Poor’s is willing to do that – then perhaps we all need to start too.