It’s actually a Brilliant yet Simple idea on – “to make our Vail Valley Medical Center – Great Again.”
Here’s how to do it.
The Central Problem with our Vail Valley Medical Center is the current (Group Think) Board and CEO Doris Kirchner who does their bidding (Click Here to read who this Board is).
Ms. Kirchner’s persistent, public insistence that “we’re your Community Hospital” – is simply not true.
Here’s how to fix that and make that statement true – pay attention, Mr. Art Kelton and Mr. Michael Shannon!
The Vail Valley Medical Center’s Board needs to be made up (exclusively) of representatives from our largest Community Stakeholders.
A seat on the new Hospital Board goes to…
- Eagle County’s Public School District, Representative – representing the Employees (800+) and Family members needing routine Medical Services.
- Eagle County Government – representing the County Employees and Family members needing routine Medical Services.
- A Representative from Vail Resorts – based on the number of Full and Part time Employees that live and work in Eagle County.
- One possibly (2?) seats that Rotates with Representatives from the Town(s) of Gypsum, Eagle, Avon, Minturn, Red Cliff.
- A permanent (1) Seat to the Town of Vail where the Hospital is located.
- At least 3-4 Seats from Eagle County’s Small Business Sector (owners) – who pay for their own Health Insurance costs – as well as a big chunk of the costs of covering their Employees Insurance Costs.
Go Ahead, and refine/adjust this idea – it’s exactly what Eagle County needs today.
One more thing – CREDIT WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!
This outstanding Brilliant yet Practical idea was first proposed to the ECT by none other than long time Eagle County resident – smilin’ Mike Beltracci – so make sure to wish Mike a Merry Christmas when you see him and ask Mike to keep those good ideas coming. Merry Christmas 2015 Mike! From your friends at the ECT!