Eagle County’s Confiscatory Taxation is OUT OF CONTROL!
No less than (11) Tax Questions on Eagle County’s “Composite Ballot”. (CLICK HERE).
Keep in mind these proposed Tax Increase (Ballot Questions) are organized as follows:
(3) from State of Colorado – Amendment 73, Proposition 109 and Proposition 110
(1) from Eagle County – Question 1A
(5) from local Municipalities – Minturn 2A, Avon – 2B, Eagle – 6A, Gypsum – 7E, Basalt 7F
(1) from Colorado Mountain College – 7D
(1) from the Roaring Fork Transportation Authority – 7A
You can bet Eagle County’s overpopulated Real Estate community IS NOT telling any of their prospective 2nd Home Owners – about any of these proposed new Taxes!
Considering Retiring in Eagle County, Colorado?
The ECT knows just the place inside Gypsum, Colorado. News clip below, August 14th 2018 – from the Vail Daily. Remember only YOU can vote for “More Affordability”!
What is Nike thinking?
Why would any reasonable person – choose such controversial/divisive people to endorse their products? Their Brand? Would it not make more sense to choose individuals who the vast majority of folks – have a favorable view of?
What is Nike thinking? Well…the ECT knows what we’re thinking – and it has nothing to do with purchasing any Nike products. Sorry Tiger, but by comparison – you look like you’re ready to be canonized a Saint. Perhaps now, a brief teaching moment from the ECT….(scroll down)
You might wonder just where Nike gets all those millions of dollars in profits – to pay these two…
Serena’s Comments after disgracing herself (3 conduct violations from Umpire Carlos Ramos) at the U.S. Open – Serena lost to Naomi Osaka in the final…
Imagine the relief of these Chinese (female) Nike Factory workers must have felt – knowing Serena Williams – is fighting for their “woman’s rights and equality”.
Know this: Hypocrisy is not a Symptom of the Political Left – It’s a Requirement!
Really? As far as the ECT is concerned – our favorite way to “Fight Fake News” – is to use PHOTOS of the Truth.
Trump Rally – last night – Thursday, August 30th 2018 – Evansville, Indiana. ECT told (haven’t confirmed this) that there was “just as many folks outside the arena”.
All of the “Trump Endorsed” candidates from this weeks “primary elections” – won their primaries. Do you still believe the polls that insist – most American’s disapprove of the job Trump is doing?
Click On the photo to enlarge it.
Every reasonable person knows that Government’s #1 Job is “Public Safety”.
However this is not the case in Avon, Colorado. Dateline: Monday, February 12th 2018
By the ECT’s count – we’re now in week #5 – celebrating the dis-repair of this Road Hazard half way up on Metcalf Road. Weeks ago the original damage to this guard rail was done – when a vehicle crashed into it – coming down the icy hill from Avon’s Wildridge neighborhood. Speaking of “going down hill”…here is more interesting Avon information…
Last time the ECT checked – no less that (3) current Avon Councilmembers drive past this ongoing road hazard from their respective residences in the Avon/Wildridge neighborhood – each day for the last (5) weeks and counting…
They are: Avon Councilmembers: Sara Smith-Hymes, Scott Prince and Matt Gannett.
Their concern for Avon’s Public Safety is now put into question.
Credit should also be given to Avon’s Public Works Director: Gary Padilla (970.748.4188 – GPadilla@avon.org) Does Mr. Padilla know what his job is…in the context of “Public Safety”? After 5 weeks and counting…to what safety standard is Mr. Padilla being held to by his boss – Avon Town Manager –Virginia Egger?
More Reasonable Questions
One wonders…if Avon’s current leadership and management is NOT concerned about their #1 Job, then what is it that they are more concerned about? Let’s have a look at the Avon Council agenda for Tuesday, February 13th, and see if we can find some answers…
Apparently, Councilmember (and WildRidge resident) Sarah Smith Hymes seem to be more concerned with Congress than her sworn duties in Avon…
Of course at that same ATC meeting is the incredibly important Avon issue of “Climate Action” where ATC members will be asked to “hand over” Avon Taxpayer monies to support “Climate Action”.
Any who could forget the Proclamation to celebrate Avon’s 40th Anniversary?
What’s the Avon Police Department been up to…after their move to Avon’s band new “Public Safety Facility”? One of the answers is “supporting the Special Olympics of Colorado” with their scheduled “Polar Plunge” into Avon’s Lake Nottingham on February 24th, 2018. (Click Here) for more information.
Fear Not. Today, there is plenty of Real Estate for sale in Avon’s Wildridge neighborhood.
(reprint courtesy Breitbart)
- The so-called Russian Dossier, the creation of Fusion GPS and former British spy Christopher Steele, is a political document — namely, opposition research, created for the Democrat National Committee and Hillary Clinton’s 2016 presidential campaign.
- Using what it knew was opposition research paid for by the Clinton campaign, in October of 2016, the FBI and DOJ obtained a FISA warrant from the secret Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court to install a wiretap to spy on Hillary Clinton’s opponent — the Trump campaign, specifically Carter Page. This spying would last for a year.
- It should be noted that the FISA court was set up to stop foreign terrorists. The fact that the FBI and DOJ would use this court to not only wiretap an American but to wiretap a presidential campaign belies belief. Why Obama’s FBI and DOJ used this court as opposed to a normal court is obvious. As you will see below, a normal court probably would have denied the wiretap.
- Worse still, in the summer of 2016, Obama’s DOJ had already opened a counter-intelligence investigation into the Trump campaign. The fact that nothing from that months-old partisan investigation was used to obtain the Page wiretap is revealing.
- According to the Nunes memo, an “essential” part of the FISA wiretap application was the Steele dossier, which again is a partisan political document created for the Clinton campaign.
- So essential was this partisan dossier, Andrew McCabe, the disgraced former-Deputy Director of the FBI, admitted in December that “no surveillance warrant would have been sought” without the dossier.
- Not only did the FBI knowingly use a document from a partisan campaign to obtain a FISA warrant to spy on the competing campaign, the FBI knew the dossier was mostly “salacious and unverified.” We know this because disgraced former-FBI Director James Comey told us so in June of 2017.
- According to the Nunes memo, “Steele told [former FBI official Bruce] Ohr, he ‘was desperate that Donald Trump not get elected and was passionate about him not being president.’”
- Ohr, who was part of the FBI’s anti-Trump Russian investigation, was not only friendly with Steele, Ohr’s own wife worked with Steele at Fusion GPS doing opposition research (the dossier) against Trump for the Clinton campaign.
- Despite a) knowing the dossier was opposition research paid for by the Clinton campaign b) knowing the dossier was “salacious and unverified” c) knowing Steele was desperate to destroy Trump d) the breathtaking conflict of interest in having an investigator’s own wife working on the dossier, the FBI still went to the FISA court to obtain permission to spy on Hillary Clinton’s opponent.
- In order to obtain a warrant to spy on the Trump campaign, all of the conflicts of interest above were withheld from the FISA court — an indefensible (and possibly illegal) lie of omission.
- Even worse, in order to legitimize a warrant request based on a piece of partisan opposition research they knew was “salacious and unverified,” the FBI and DOJ used a media report to bolster the findings in the phony dossier. The FBI and DOJ told the court that the media report was independent verification of the dossier. But this was not true, and, according to the Nunes memo, the FBI and DOJ knew this was not true. The truth is that the phony dossier was the source of this media report.
- Also hidden from the FISA court was the fact that the FBI obtained Steele as a source but had to fire him in October of 2016 when, in a bid to use his phony dossier to derail the Trump campaign, he leaked his information to the far-left Mother Jones.
- Although the FBI and DOJ were willing participants in pushing a “salacious and unverified” narrative against a presidential candidate (primarily through media leaks), this was all hidden from congressional investigators. To begin with, for months, while under oath, Comey said he did not know where the dossier came from — meaning from the Clinton campaign. The Wall Street Journal explains:
We also know the FBI wasn’t straight with Congress, as it hid most of these facts from investigators in a briefing on the dossier in January 2017. The FBI did not tell Congress about Mr. Steele’s connection to the Clinton campaign, and the House had to issue subpoenas for Fusion bank records to discover the truth. Nor did the FBI tell investigators that it continued receiving information from Mr. Steele and Fusion even after it had terminated him. The memo says the bureau’s intermediary was Justice Department official Bruce Ohr, whose wife, incredibly, worked for Fusion.
- All of this dishonesty occurred under Comey, the man our media now hold up as a living saint, a man so desperate to destroy Trump, he not only oversaw those committing the above abuses, he leaked classified information to the news media in order to see a Special Prosecutor appointed against Trump, which his pal, Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, immediately did.
16. Much of the “salacious and unverified” material in the dossier came from the Russians. In other words, those disgusting dossier lies about Trump’s personal behavior came from Russian operatives. So there is no question that it was the Clinton campaign, Democrats, Steele, the FBI, and DOJ who colluded with the Russians to rig a presidential election.
A couple more Points – (recall Trump’s SOTU Speech was last Tuesday evening – 30JAN2018)
You may have seen the Fox and Friends interview of the New York University students who they asked on Monday morning (29JAN2018), “What did you think of the president’s State of the Union speech?” And these students said things like it was, “Hateful. It was racial language. I can’t believe he said that.” It didn’t even matter that President Trump hadn’t given the State of the Union Address yet. This is the unthinkingly hostile Left we’re dealing with.
What you saw at the State of the Union was the face of hate. I mean when people sit there, and you explain to them that there’s the lowest black unemployment in history, and they can’t applaud. There’s the lowest Hispanic unemployment in history, and they can’t applaud. You’re looking at people so consumed by their passions they can’t think. Those are the people who will be in charge of the House if they win a majority in November 2018.
Today, Thursday, December 28th 2017 – the Independence Institute proudly awards the 2017 Californian of the Year to Colorado State Senator – Jerry Sonnenberg.
Colorado character is best described as craving the freedom to make our own decisions. By contrast, Californian character, which is taking hold of our once ruggedly individualistic, freedom-loving state, is best described as making decisions for other people.
Nothing in 2017 exemplifies this Californian value of making decisions for others better than Jerry Sonnenberg’s Senate Bill 17-267 which ripped away all Coloradans’ right to vote on tax and debt increases.
Unlike California, Colorado holds a deep belief in asking voters directly BEFORE raising debt or taxes. We even enshrined it in our state constitution. By calling a massive hospital bed tax a “fee” and labeling debt as “Certificates of Participation,” Sonnenberg’s bill raised taxes by $550 million per year and put Colorado families in debt by nearly $2 billion, all while avoiding a vote of the people.
This immense Colorado tax increase takes place in the shadow of the historic tax cut from the Republican-led U.S. Congress. We find it telling, yet sad, that Republicans in Washington have more respect for Colorado taxpayers than the state Republican senate leadership who turned Sonnenberg’s Californian idea into law.
We wish to thank all five of our Californian of the Year nominees, including fan favorite Jared Polis for his “goal” of 100% renewable energy by 2040 – an idea that even California rejected.
We will present Senator Sonnenberg with the stunning Californian of the Year plaque when he returns to Denver to start the next legislative session. Please stay tuned for details of the presentation.
Please join us in congratulating Jerry Sonnenberg as the 2017 Californian of the year!